Chew The Fat Off has been renamed as Changing the Future Outcome (CTFO). The CTFO product line has been expanded to include Cannabidiol (CBD) oil health products.
Bottom Line Up Front
CTFO is positioned with a large variety of CBD health-related products to be part of the CBD product market growth.
From a business perspective, I still like the CTFO business opportunity because the products are priced well and independent associates can make money.
Specifically, a quick price check of several CTFO competitors (Medix CBD and NuLeaf) show that the CTFO CBD Oil products are priced lower for comparable products and dosages.
Show me the money!
CTFO focuses on product sales. There are no costs for anyone to become a CTFO Associate. And there are no purchase requirements to receive a 20% commission on products sold. Plus, the marketing materials (associate websites) and back-office/administration are free.
Consumer Notice: Both Hemp Oil and CBD Oil are made from the same plant species, Cannabis Sativa. Hemp oil is normally pressed from the seeds of the hemp plant, which means it does not contain the same amount of cannabinoids found in CBD oil or Hemp Extract which are extracted from the whole plant.
Consequently, Hemp Oil and CBD Oil products are priced differently. Check the product ingredient labels. A Hemp Oil product will not contain cannabinoid.
Date: August 9, 2016
Chew The Fat Off Changing the Future Outcome
Overall Ranking: RECOMMENDED
Price: Free to Join
Owners: Stuart Finger, Founder and CEO
Introduction to CTFO business opportunity
Chew The Fat Off (CTFO) business was created by Stuart Finger in late 2015 “after a lifelong struggle with being overweight.” CTFO is in the health/weight loss market with products including meal replacement, appetite control, immune system support, and NOW CBD Oil products.
Stuart Finger has extensive network marketing business experience going back to at least 1996. He was the Chief Executive Officer of Guided By God (GBG), which appears to have been a telecommunications reseller.
The Chew The Fat Off product line
- ChewOff – ChewOff is an appetite control “chewable.” According to the CTFO product information, ChewOff are “cherry berry flavored, power packed, healthy bite-sized chewable snacks. With water, they can help satisfy your hunger, give you extra energy, increase your metabolism and provide fiber, vitamins, minerals and more.”
- ShakeOff – ShakeOff is a meal replacement shake product. ShakeOff includes both Whey Protein Isolate and Pea Protein as well as Sunfiber, an excellent prebiotic, and vitamin and mineral blend.
- DrinkOff – DrinkOff filtered water bottle is the best system for drinking enough pure H20. It comes with a IONIC ABSORPTION MICRO FILTRATION SYSTEM with a filter good up to 600 refills.
- Super 7 – Super7 is a proprietary multi-fruit chewable, a blend of the world’s super fruits like Amalaki, Acai, Blueberry, Cranberry, Goji, Mangosteen and Pomegranate.
See the CTFO products fact sheets on the website for more information.
The Chew The Fat Off business model
The CTFO business model is based on the network marketing (or Multi-Level Marketing) model. This business model uses networks of associates to promote the company products directly to consumers at the associates’ own expense. This shifts the cost of building and training sales forces, advertising and some overhead costs to the associates.
Typical network business models rely on networks of associates to promote the products. How they are promoted is the responsibility of the associates whether it is word-of-mouth, direct mail, email advertising, paid advertising, printed advertising or other methods. Another aspect of this model is the recruitment or sponsorship of other associates, the building of an associate’s sales force.
A network marketing model such as a 3X3 matrix shows an associate with 3 personally sponsored associates directly below with each, in turn, sponsoring 3 of their own. An associate may have any number of retail customers who are not shown in a matrix of associates.
Compensation comes in two parts in the network marketing model. In the simplest form, an associate is compensated based on a percentage of the associate’s personal sales and a percentage of the overall subordinate team sales. Much like the Real Estate business model, the Real Estate broker earns a portion of real estate commissions generated by subordinate Real Estate agents.
There has been discussion over the years as to whether network marketing is a legitimate business model.
The organizational hierarchy within the network marketing model lends itself to the same hierarchy as a pyramid scheme. The U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) provides guidance as to the differences between a pyramid scheme (or Ponzi scheme) and a legitimate marketing business.
Several years ago, a group of U.S. lawmakers (28 co-sponsors) have joined together to sponsor a bill (HR 5230) that would clearly define at the federal level what a pyramid scheme is and is not. The most important part of this legislation is that it defines internal consumption… meaning customers who are also distributors or members would be considered “consumers.”
The FTC vs. Amway case of 1979 established case law and only actually applies to Amway. But the “Amway rules” as they are known have never been effectively enforced or audited because of the lack of federal regulations.
The new law will finally clarify and legitimize the many network marketing companies where many consumers have also chosen to become associates. Unfortunately, Congress did not complete the legislation.
The list below shows some of the publicly-owned companies using the network marketing business model and are listed on the New York Stock Exchange. I do not think the Securities Exchange Commission would authorize an illegal pyramid scheme to be listed.
- Nature’s Sunshine
- USANA Health Sciences Inc
- Pampered Chef (owned by Berkshire Hathaway Inc)
The Chew The Fat Off compensation plan
The CTFO compensation plan has two parts. The first is based on the free membership where all associates earn 20% residual income from product sales. This is the heart of the Free Position Associates! Free Position Associates are NOT required to make purchases. But advancement and additional income have additional requirements as explained in the compensation plan.
The second part of the CTFO compensation plan is the Residual Team Pay. Associates qualify by purchasing one product a month ($49.97) and having customers/associates. The following image shows the conceptual framework for Residual Team Pay in the 3X7 matrix.
The second part of the compensation plan includes other bonuses including CTFO Profit Sharing positions. For more information about the compensation, please visit the Chew The Fat Off website.
- Free online business with no purchase required. There are no hidden or gotcha type fees. The company provides free replicated websites to promote as well.
- High demand products in the health/weight management industry with 60-day money back guarantee.
- Free back office support. It is surprising that there are companies that still charge for back office support. CTFO does not.
- Easy-to-understand business model. The compensation plan is straight forward and easy to understand. The videos clearly describe and demonstrate how associates make money.
- Training is provided with a big emphasis on leadership development.
- The CTFO business opportunity has limited worldwide availability.
- Most experts believe the Farm Bill passed late in 2018 makes it clear that consumers anywhere can legally buy these products if they’re made from low- or zero-THC hemp. But that could change if your state’s lawmakers explicitly act to ban them. Note: CTFO provides lab test results showing THC is non-detectable in the CBD Oil products.
Who is it for
Anyone, at least eighteen years of age, who wants to start, build and operate a home business associated with the health and weight loss industry. CTFO Independent Affiliates must be of legal age of the state in which they apply.
CTFO has a variety of training methods for members. In addition to videos, the Library Center has training folders including topics such as email templates, product information sheets, terms and policies, CTFO marketing tools and many others. CTFO also has scheduled conference calls.
Chew The Fat Off has several different methods available to support members. First is the Library Center with a number of “How to” documents. The CTFO back office area includes a Live Chat function for associates to ask questions of the company. The company also relies on the Upline Leadership Team to provide support to the downline associates. Associates may also send email to CTFO support to resolve issues.
As with any business opportunity, your due diligence is required. CTFO is not a get-rich-quick deal. It takes time and commitment to work.
If you have any questions or comments about Changing the Future Outcome, please fill in and submit the form below. I love feedback.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration or any other regulatory body. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. It is always recommended to consult your physician whenever beginning any supplement, weight loss or exercise program. Results may vary. No income is earned without proper qualification.