Date: October 4, 2016
Overall Ranking: RECOMMENDED
Owner: MAILERLITE UAB
Website: mailerlite.com [ad]
This MailerLite Email Marketing Software Review will discuss the online MailerLite email marketing software and services for small business. I will review the features, pricing, pros and cons, and provide a summary.
First of all, MailerLite started as a web design and development company in 2005. After a few years they evolved into email marketing. Since 2010 MailerLite email marketing software is the only product that they develop.
MailerLite is a feature-rich online email marketing software application designed for small businesses. Some of the features include:
- Drag-and-drop Editor – This editor is fast and easy to create stunning newsletters without ever using any HTML coding. It also allows for personalizing the email sent to subscribers.
- Custom HTML Editor – If members already have or want to create custom mailings, MailerLite has a custom HTML editor available. The editor has some nifty built-in features like automatic CSS inliners to make the process easier.
- Rich Text Editor – RT editor is one of my favorites since I prefer to create simple rich text emails and newsletters. The rich text editor makes emails and newsletters readable on any device.
- Free Newsletter Design Templates – MailerLite provides a number of pre-designed templates for members’ use. The templates are easily customized to meet your design and branding needs.
- Built-in Photo Editor – The built-in photo editor is a time saver. Members can resize, crop, write text on image, add filter and effects, adjust brightness and contrast, enhance, add frame and more. There is no need to use another photo application to modify images.
- Email Autoresponder – The autoresponder enables members to create, automate, and schedule emails sent to subscribers. Emails can be either single or a series over time.
- RSS Campaigns – The RSS campaign feature lets members automatically send new blog posts to subscribers. Just set up the campaign details and then forget about it. Because MailerLite won’t.
- PopUps – MailerLite features popup subscriber forms. These are highly customizable to meet members’ needs. MailerLite also provides several pre-designed popup forms. With the simple to use editor, colors, text, images, and other settings can be changed.
- Landing Pages – The free landing page feature is one of my favorites. MailerLite provides an easy-to-use editor to customize or tailor member landing page requirements to fit their needs. MailerLite also provides a number of pre-designed, customizable landing page templates for members’ use. This screen shot shows results from landing pages. This is an easy way to split test pages for determining the best results.
- Embedable webforms – Members are able to create custom webforms (optin boxes or pages) with MailerLite. Members can modify text, change different layout options, add their own custom fields and more. MailerLite also provides the ability for members to create their own confirmation pages.
- Unsubscribe Page Builder – The unsubscribe page builder lets members design their own unsubscribe page. This is a great way to thank departing subscribers for being subscribers and to say good-bye.
- Auto Resend – The auto resend feature automatically resends your campaign to those recipients who did not open your campaign or did not click any link.
- A/B Split Testing – This feature allows members to send email variants to see which performs better.
- Integration – The integration feature allows members to connect their MailerLite account to 16 popular web services such as Facebook, SumoMe, WordPress, Optin Monster, Create Form, and more.
- Mobile application – MailerLite has two mobile applications; one for iPhone and one for iPad. These applications give you access to your email campaigns and subscriber lists while on the go!
First of all, MailerLite is free forever! Up to 1,000 subscribers. Members can send unlimited emails every month for free.
Here is the MailerLite monthly pricing:
Many people use MailChimp, including me. Here is a comparison of MailerLite and MailChimp pricing:
It is difficult to compare just pricing. The following chart shows the comparison of the features each has.
The MailerLite website also includes comparisons of MailerLite and AWeber, GetResponse, ConstantContact and others.
Good/Not so Good
- Easy-to-use editors. The editors give members options on creating their newsletters and emails. The drag-and-drop editor is easy to use and create newsletters quickly. I prefer the rich text editor to create simple newsletters. On occasion when I want a more graphics loaded newsletter, I can use the drag-and-drop editor.
- Free landing pages. Probably one of the most popular features. Members can build stunning landing pages without having to use an external landing page builder like Instapage or Leadpage. This feature is both a time and money saver.
- FREE to join. MailerLite is free to join. Monthly (or annual) charges start with the 1,001 subscriber. Prices are very competitive.
- Built-in photo editor. The built-in photo editor is a huge time saver. Members can edit photos from within the online application instead of using a separate photo editor program.
- Unsubscribe page builder. The unsubscribe page builder is a handy way to simplify the unsubscribe process and thank subscribers. In addition, it gives members the chance to make a final offer.
- Auto Resend. Automatically resending email campaigns to subscribers who have not opened campaigns or clicked links is a great way to improve response rates.
- Customizable templates. MailerLite includes pre-designed templates for newsletters, optin boxes/webforms, popup forms, landing pages
- 24/7 support. Support is available by email or chat.
- Terminology. There is not a standard set of terms used by industry to describe terms or features in email marketing systems. This is probably more of a personal issue and not MailerLite’s issue. But I am familiar the the term broadcast as used with email marketing systems and not so familiar with the term campaign.
- The MailerLite knowledge base is slow to load. It takes approximately 20 seconds for the database to load. This is not a big deal. It could even be considered grasping at straws to find fault with MailerLite.
If you are looking for an email marketing system, then MailerLite is worth a look. Hopefully, this MailerLite Email Marketing Software review has provided a sufficiently comprehensive discussion of MailerLite. MailerLite has several features that I have not seen with other email marketing systems. And certainly not free.
MailerLite Review Final Verdict
The MailerLite email marketing software is:
As with any program, your due diligence is required.
If you have any questions or comments about MailerLite, please fill in and submit the form below. I love feedback.