Date: October 29, 2016
Overall Ranking: RECOMMENDED
Owner: IBOTOOLBOX Inc. (Paul Williams)
Independent business owner (IBO) tool box is a business marketing platform designed to help business owners create their brand, network, build, and market their independently owned businesses. IBOtoolbox is an active social networking sites for business owners.
All tools are free… No upgrades… No memberships… 100% free
Mr. Paul Williams, founder of IBOtoolbox stated the purpose of IBOtoolbox as “The main goal of IBOtoolbox and IBOsocial is for people to brand themselves.”
Introduction to IBOtoolbox
Since starting in 2010, IBOtoolbox has grown to be a very popular destination for independent business owners. As of today, Alexa.com ranks IBOtoolbox as the 33,657th most popular site in the world and the 18,328th most popular site in the United States.
The success and popularity of IBOtoolbox is due to achieving it’s goal!
IBOtoolbox provides a full set of tools for IBOs and very active social community, based on the volume of posts on the IBO wall. The tools available include:
- Contact Manager
- Facebook app
- Business blogger
- Lead generation
- Traffic System
- Press Release tool
- and a bunch more!
Of particular note are several IBOtoolbox benefits as discussed below.
Two Key Benefits of IBOtoolbox – Independent Business Owner Marketing Platform
Of all the tools available to members, I find the Press Release tool and IBO Social Profile to be the best benefits. Others may say that the advertising resources rank on top.
IBOtoolbox is considered an authority site by the major search engines. Consequently, members’ published PRs will be indexed quickly by the major search engines. As a result, IBOtoolbox prefers “authentic content.” And plagiarized content will be deleted and the member’s account suspended.
The second key benefit is the member’s IBO Social Profile. This is the key to personal branding! The social profile enables a member to display a personal image, business and contact information, business and social network links, video links, and a front page editor to create a social profile web page. Members are also able to monetize their social profile with Google Adsense.
IBOtoolbox Pros and Cons
- IBOtoolbox is free. There is an optional paid Club IBOthat provides additional advertising among other things.
- Strong, active community of business owners
- IBOtoolbox Press Release tool (business blog)
- IBO Social Profile
- Ability to earn credits for advertising – Members have the option of buying additional advertising credits. (This is how IBOtoolbox generates revenue.)
- IBO Wall posts scroll off screen quickly during very active sessions. There is a filter function to select types of posts viewers prefer to see.
- IBOtoolbox is not a training site. It appears the assumption is that members are established business owners. However, there are webinars and separate training provided. Kris Karafotas runs a IBOtoolbox training platform. Also, IBOtoolbox has introduced a new function called IBOAnswers. IBOAnswers functions much like Quora.
- Scammers are among the membership. Membership is open to all without qualification. So there are people who promote dubious programs. As with any program, due diligence is required before joining any of them.
I recommend IBOtoolbox for anyone looking for an independent business owner marketing network. It is a “safe haven” for those wanting to network with other like-minded business owners. IBOtoolbox provides the opportunity to meet people from around the world and all walks of business life.
I have been a member since January 13, 2014 and like to network with others.
If you have any questions or comments about IBOtoolbox, please fill in and submit the form below. I love feedback. I also would like to hear of other members’ comments about IBOtoolbox.