You just signed up for a home business opportunity program! And now you want to know how to start you home business.
It is exciting to be starting a new online business! It also can be intimidating at times. Everyone has doubts and concerns.
But you can do it!
No doubt you have questions.
I just got a free website, but I do not know how to use it. What do I do?
How to get the word out to the public on selling this product?
I need some type of free training. Where can I get some?
Can you help me start off this adventure?
When will I make money?
This article is for people who signed up for a home business opportunity or online work from home business. These could be either a network marketing opportunity or associate program
Start Home Businesses by Asking Your Sponsor
Contacting your sponsor is a great first step!
Good sponsors use member’s initiative as an indicator of the member’s future success. Good sponsors “will not drag a member across the finish line.”
Your sponsor should have a simple step-by-step guide to help new members get started.
If they do not have a step-by-step guide, then use the following guide.
Step-by-Step Guide to Starting Home Businesses
- Set goals – If you have not established financial and non-financial goals, then set goals now. What do you want in one month? 6 months? 1 year? 5 years? Seriously, this is not a get-rich-quick scheme. It is a business. Good businesses have strategic plans and goals.
- Review your business opportunity program back office – If your business opportunity provides a back office, become familiar with it. There should be information about the products/services being sold.
- Review company or sponsor-provided training material – Read and/or watch and understand the training material provided.
- Create a plan – Based on your goals, create a plan to accomplish your goals. Plans can and should be dynamic and adjusted as necessary due to changes in circumstances.
- Get started – Many business opportunities or programs provide “quick start” bonuses as an incentive for new members or associates to sell products or sponsor new members within the first month. The idea is to overcome inertia or paralysis through analysis that many new members may have.
More About Setting Home Business Goals
A friend once said, “Without goals, nothing can be achieved.”
Goals help us focus our efforts to achieve success. I wrote the following article awhile ago, but remains valid today.
What If I Have a Lousy Sponsor?
Having a bad sponsor happens. It is unfortunate, but it happens.
I wrote this article in 2005 “What My Worthless Sponsor Didn’t Tell Me…”
Much has changed since 2005. Unfortunately, too many business opportunities believe in new members promoting their new businesses to family and friends. So they will ask you to create a list of your friends and family.
The only thing I can say is, “Don’t do it!”
This is the 21st century. You have an online business. There are billions of people using the internet. Use online marketing tools.
Old school methods call for reaching out to your warm market. People you know. But, unless you are already established as a business owner, you do not have business credibility. No street cred.
Sure. Your experienced sponsor can “recruit” for you by helping you contact your family and friends. Using old school methods like 3-way calls, opportunity meetings, and home meetings. All labor intensive only to reach small crowds.
Not ideal in today’s information age.
Start Home Business Building Using the Internet
Using internet tools help you find the RIGHT people for your business.
The best thing about using online tools is they can be created to find the people interested in your business.
You may have heard the term magnetic marketing, attraction marketing, permission marketing.
These are techniques to find, attract, and qualify people to be either your customers or future business partners, associates, or downline members.
Some of the basic techniques to finding, attracting, and qualifying people for your business include:
- Content Creation – Content creation is the development and publishing of quality information website visitors want. Content based websites built around a specific theme attract visitors from the major search engines, Google, Bing and Yahoo.
- Email Marketing – Email marketing is used to capture potential customers by collecting names and email addresses. Once a customer provides their email address, they will be placed on a mailing list. They will receive periodic offers via email from the company or list owner.
- Social Media Marketing – Social media marketing uses social networking websites as marketing tools. The goal is to produce content that users will share with their social network to increase company brand awareness and attract new customers.
- Pay-per-Click – Pay-per-Click (PPC) is an advertising form that enables advertisers to display brief ad copy to web users. Examples include Google Ads and AdChoices.
- Traffic Exchanges and safelists – Using traffic Exchanges and safelists are the least desirable forms of advertising. Traffic exchanges and safelists operate in the low-cost niche populated by get-rich-quick business opportunities and other low value affiliate programs. The primary advantage is that they are predominately free to use.
For more information, please read my article on how to get more visitors to your home business website.
How to start home business building can be fun! It also can be intimidating for many people. They are excited about the potential to make money from home. But often, do not know how to get started.
Hopefully, my article shows that the first step is to have goals that show WHY you want to start a home business. Then it becomes important to learn about the business, products, training, back office support and the like. Then it becomes a matter of creating a plan to build your business and promote your products. To succeed, everyone must get started. Put the plan into action.
I am absolutely committed to changing our financial success together. If you have any questions about getting started online, I would love to help! Please fill in and submit the form below. Or contact me.