Learning how to build a website has never been easier. A home business owner can set up a website in a matter of minutes. Gone are the days where you HAD to know HTML and CSS.
Today, you have the option of using an online website builder associated with a web host, using a stand alone web editor or hiring a website designer. I am going to talk about how to build a website using an online website builder associated with a web host. I will talk about the alternatives as we go along.
First, using an online website builder associated with your web host gives you three advantages.
- Step-by-step building wizard – the online builder makes it easy to create your website. Select a theme, add your information through a step-by-step process and save to publish your website to the internet. Regardless of which website builder you use, you still have to create or write the content.
- Pre-built templates – your web host provides a number of pre-made website templates for you to choose.
- No online file uploading – the online builder makes it easy to publish your website. You no longer have to upload all the website files using a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) program from your computer to your web host file system.
Generally, your online website builder comes with a content management system or platform. This is an application for the creation and modification of website content and includes web-based publishing. WordPress is one of the most, if not the most, popular content management systems used. WordPress allows a user, even beginners with limited expertise, to add, modify and remove content from a Web site without requiring webmaster services.
Using WordPress benefits users because WordPress is:
- flexible – thousands of plugins are available increase website functionality.
- easy to use – no coding, programming or file transfer programs are required. WordPress makes building professional looking websites easy.
- easy to create websites – over one thousand templates or website themes are available.
- supportable – with over 60 million WordPress websites worldwide, there is a huge support base.
- free – WordPress is a free and open-source software package. So there is no requirement to buy website development software.
- social media friendly – many themes and templates come with social networking capability built in. Many social media plugins are available to customize your website.
- easy to learn – WordPress has proven to be a program that is easy to learn.
See how easy it is to build a website
How to build a website is easy. Simple as 1-2-3.
- Pick a name and enter it above.
- Get a free account at SiteRubix.
- Get two free websites and training program.
Please watch the following video to see how easy it is to build a website under 30 seconds!
Need help on how to build a website?
If you need help with anything I have discussed here or have a comment, please fill in and submit the form below. I would love to help. Just drop me a note or contact me at my WealthyAffiliate.com (here is a link to my profile). I love comments.